Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

I was driving through an intersection, and a car coming from the opposite direction made a left-hand turn in front a me. I was seriously injured and my car was totaled, do I have a case?



Yes, you most likely have a case.  The car coming from the opposite direction making the left-hand turn is required by law to yield to opposing traffic.  The driver is expected to make the turn only after it is safe to do so.

It is important to note that if you have limited tort on your car insurance, you may not sue for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering unless the circumstances of your accident meets one of the exceptions to the rule.  See exceptions to PA limited tort.

Other than the exceptions referenced above, a person who has limited tort may also sue for non-economic damages if the injuries sustained are "serious."

Therefore, you should talk to an experienced Pennsylvania car accident lawyer to discuss your accident.

For more information, click on the related car accident injury articles below:

*Published: 2-4-13

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions