Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

I was hit by a government car. What are my rights?


A: If the car that hit you was either a Commonwealth or local government-owned car, and the driver of that car was negligent in causing the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.  Assuming the accident was in deed caused by the driver of the government car, you must speak to a qualified car accident lawyer immediately.  Under Pennsylvania law, there are certain steps you must take in order to preserve your claim, to be allowed to file a lawsuit, if needed.

You are required to notify the specific government unit within 6 months of your accident and that notice must contain specific information.  It is imperative that you speak to a qualified lawyer immediately to understand whether you have a case and whether you are within the time limit for providing notice.

These types of claims can be very complicated. That's why it's crucial to secure the services of a Philadelphia car accident lawyer who has experience in these types of cases.

Before you hire a lawyer, read our free article, In Pennsylvania, is the Government Immune from Liability for Car Accidents?  Contact us today - 1-877-944-8396.

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions