Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

I was hit from behind in a car accident in PA, and I have limited tort. Can I sue for my injuries?



Typically, you cannot sue for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering if you have limited tort on your car insurance policy.  However, pursuant to the Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law (MVFRL), you can sue for non-economic damages as well as economic damages if your injuries are "serious injuries," even if you have limited tort.  An injury is "serious" if it results in death, a serious impairment of body function or permanent serious impairment.

Without knowing what your injuries are, it is difficult to say whether your injuries are "serious injuries".  It is a case by case analysis, and it is imperative that you speak to an experienced Pennsylvania car accident injury lawyer who can tell you whether you sustained a "serious injury".

Related Limited Tort Car Accident Articles:

*Published: 8-13-12

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions