Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

I was injured in a car accident in Philadelphia. I was a passenger in my friend's car. Who pays for my medical bills?



Well, that depends on whether you own a car and whether you  have car insurance.  If the answer to both of those questions is "yes," then your car insurance company would pay for your medical expenses up to the limit you purchased.  The minimum medical coverage in Pennsylvania, known as first-party benefits, is $5,000.  You may have more coverage than that.

On the other hand, if you do not own a car, then the insurance company of the owner of the car you were in would pay for your medical expenses through their own first-party benefits.

Once first-party benefits have been exhausted, you would use your health insurance to pay for your medical expenses.  If you have a lawsuit, then your out-of-pocket expenses from using your health insurance, such as doctor co-pays and prescription co-pays are considered part of your damages.

To determine other damages you may have as a result of being injured in a car accident, contact a Philadelphia car accident attorney at White and Williams LLP today. You shouldn't have to suffer and pay for expensive medical bills that were caused by another person's negligence. We will provide a free, no obligation consultation on your case - 1-877-944-8396.

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions