Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

I was seriously injured a car accident and the driver at fault does not have car insurance. Do I make an underinsured motorist claim or uninsured motorist claim? How can I recover for my pain and suffering and the costs I have from the accident?



I am assuming your accident happened in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. You would need to make an uninsured motorist coverage claim.  Uninsured motorist coverage protects you in the event that the driver at fault does not have insurance.  If the amount of your uninsured motorist coverage is $300,000, then the maximum you can recover is $300,000 depending on the severity of your injuries.

What many people do not know is that you have to make the uninsured motorist claim against your own insurance company.  You should talk to an experienced PA or New Jersey car accident lawyer to help you with the UM claim because it is a legal process.

Related legal article

What You Need To Know About Pennsylvania Auto Law If You Were Injured In An Accident And The Driver At Fault Does Not Have Car Insurance

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions