Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

I was walking and tripped on the sidewalk. After I fell, I saw that the sidewalk was uneven and raised because of a tree root. I fractured my arm. Can I sue?



Yes, you can bring a claim for your injuries and damages against the property owner responsible for the condition of the sidewalk.  In general, a Pennsylvania property owner has a duty to take care of and maintain the sidewalk in front of the house in safe and good condition.

If you tripped and fell on a sidewalk in front of a home, then the home owner may be responsible.  If you tripped and fell in front of a commercial business, then the business may be responsible.  It is possible that the commercial business is renting the premises, and the landlord may also be responsible for your injuries.

With that said, there are more details I need to know in order to properly evaluate your case.  For example, I need to know things such as:

  • how high the sidewalk was raised;
  • when you fell;
  • if you tripped and fell at night, how the lighting was; and
  • whether you saw the raised sidewalk before you walked over it.

The above list contains some of the things I need to know.  There are other details I need to know as well.  Therefore, it is important that you call our office to discuss the circumstances surrounding your fall at 877.944.8396.

Related Pennsylvania Sidewalk Trip & Fall Accidents

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions