Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

My mother babysits my 4 year-old son in her home, and he was bitten in the face by her dog. He needs plastic surgery and likely more surgery when he gets older. What can I do for him?



I am sorry about your son's dog attack and injury.  I understand that it must be very difficult for you given the fact that the dog is your mother's dog.  In order to recover for your son's facial injuries as a result of being bitten by the dog, you will need to bring suit against your mother, the owner of the dog. 

If your mother has a homeowners or renters insurance policy, you may be able to recover for your son's injuries, damages and medical expenses through her insurance policy.

Even if your mother does not have a homeowners or renters insurance policy, there may be other liable parties such as the dog breeder or trainer.  However, I would need to speak with you to get the details of the dog attack and perform a thorough investigation to determine all liable parties. 

I understand this is a difficult situation with your mom being the owner of the dog.  Feel free to contact me at 877.944.8396, and I will answer your concerns and questions about your son's dog attack.

For more information about PA and NJ dog attack or dog bite cases, see:

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions