Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (215) 864-7168
Toll-free: (877) 944-8396

White and Williams LLP

Practice Areas

Filing a Property Damage Claim in Pennsylvania

Your car accident has left you and your family dealing with medical bills, insurance paperwork and emotional stress. The state of Pennsylvania is a no-fault car insurance state, meaning your own insurance company is responsible for paying the damages you sustained in the car accident.

Your policy gives you a choice of opting for Full Tort or Limited Tort. Full Tort imposes no restriction on the amount of financial compensation for injuries caused by other drivers. Limited Tort usually only allows for a lawsuit for serious injuries such as spinal cord damage or loss of limb.

Property Damage Liability Coverage

Property damage liability typically does not cover the damage to your car
, as per the Pennsylvania no-fault laws. With minimum coverage for property damage liability set at $5,000 per accident, chances are you will need to file a property damage claim to cover the full extent of your damages.

Property damage liability covers the following:


  • buildings
  • immobile objects (utility poles, benches, etc.)
  • agriculture (trees, livestock, etc.)
  • personal property (items being transported within the car)


Make sure to keep careful documentation of your property damages. Photographs of your vehicle (especially if declared "totaled" and taken to a junkyard), any damaged personal property within the car, and repair bills or estimates are all good pieces of evidence for your property damage claim. You may need to hire a contractor to evaluate the damage done to your building or real property in accidents where those are factors in your claim.

The insurance company is not going to want to take into consideration how the loss of your personal property and the time your vehicle is out of commission will have a profound impact on your daily life. The amount of damages they award for your property damage claim is going to be the bare minimum, if they even compensate for it at all. If you believe your settlement falls short of what you deserve, it's time to contact a Philadelphia car accident attorney.

Hiring a Philadelphia Car Accident Attorney

Without filing a property damage claim you are unlikely to recover all your losses from the damage your auto accident caused to your property
. Recovering from your injuries and returning to your life is much more difficult without your vehicle or if you're weighed down with accident related expenses, and a Pennsylvania car accident attorney can help you fight for a fair settlement.

For a trusted legal team that will give your case the personal attention it deserves, contact a Philadelphia injury lawyer at White & Williams LLP today. We will provide a free, no obligation consultation on your case. 1-877-944-8396

Do I Have a Case?

Filling out this online form, and we will get back to you immediately to schedule your free case evaluation.Free · No Obligation

Our Offices

  • Philadelphia (*Primary)
  • 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • Phone: (215) 864-7168
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions
  • Cherry Hill
  • 457 Haddonfield Road
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
  • Phone: (856) 317-3600
  • Toll Free: (877) 944-8396
  • Directions