May 1, 2012 - At approximately 1:00pm on Monday, April 30, 2012, a bricklayer was electrocuted while he was working on a scaffold at a Philadelphia, PA construction site.
An official account of the accident has not been released; however, according to witnesses, the bricklayer was hoisting up a bucket while he was standing on a scaffold. The bucket somehow hit a live electrical wire. The worker grabbed the bucket and was electrocuted. The worker fell to the ground and was pronounced dead at the scene. The worker was 32 years old.
The construction worker was standing on a scaffold located between power lines, which were covered with protective plastic insulation.Unfortunately, tragic construction site accidents often occur. Injured workers and their family members may be able to recover damages from liable parties.
**DISCLAIMER: This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is crucial to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case.